1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hotmail

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dannym, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dannym

dannym Thread Starter

my son put hotmail on my comp. l am running Windows 98 l have been told it is dodgy getting rid of it as it can screw up my settings and not being comp literate can someone advise how to get rid of it. At the moment l have its logo with a cross on a red backgroud Danny many thanks in anticipation

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Danny, welcome.......Hotmail isn't a program, per say, that can be put on your computer......are you sure that is what you are referring to? Or did he just add an account to, say, Outlook or Outlook Express that checks for new hotmail?

3. pvc9

pvc9

[tsg=welcome][/tsg]

You posted -

At the moment l have its logo with a cross on a red backgroud

Do you mean - MSN Messenger??? Is that the program you're talking about? AFAIK, Hotmail as AcaCandy already said isnt a program but is an email service. If you dont want to use MSN Messenger you can certainly uninstall it from Start-Settings-Control Panel-Add/Remove Programs.

If you want to only disable it from Startup you can do it by -

Start-Run-msconfig [enter]

Click on the Startup and uncheck the entry related to msmsgs.exe. Restart the computer.

Just FYI, MSN Messenger will not screw or change your settings. I've never had any kind of problems with it.

Hope this helps. :rolleyes:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice