1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hourglass shaped screen

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Auto, Dec 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Auto

Auto Thread Starter

I went to shut down my screen and accidentally hit suspend. I got a message saying my computer could not be suspended and my screen moved in an inch at the left and right margines and took on an hour glass shape.

I've restarted my computer several times and it has remained in this configuration. Can anybody help me?

Matthew

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Auto, welcome to TSG....

Try adjusting the buttons on your monitor......

3. Auto

Auto Thread Starter

Okay adjusting the screen buttons has filled up the screen but the edges still look distorted and my taskbar is off the bottom of the screen. I can see the top of its grey edge but I can't see the start button or any windows that I minimize. before adjusting the monitor buttons the minimize, maximize and close buttons and the entire upper portion of the screen was also not visible.
    I got them back but I cannot get the bottom portion of the screen.

I am also mystified at how accidentaly selecting suspend could completely throw off my monitors adjustment

Matthew

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi again, Matthew, are your icons larger than they were before and has the color faded a bit as well?

If so, it sounds like you may need to re-install your display adapters....do you have the cdrom that came with your video card and/or your computer/motherboard?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61956

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice