1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How 2 make computer recognize digital camera as external hard drive

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by hi!, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

My neighbour got an Kodack EasyShare M381 and I'm helping her with it. The computer is not recognizing the digital camera as an external source. The computer does beep when I plug in the usb and when I disconnected. (Camera is on of course) She is elderly and DOES not know how to use the Software that comes with it! The software does recognize the camera and can transferred the pics but...

I want to make it easy for her. I want it so she just plug in the camera with the usb and She clicks on My Computer and sees it there as an external hard drive so all she have to do is Click on it and sees her pictures there and just drag it out.

Thanks for your help!
    ps. An card reader would be the last option, she don't want to mess around with the camera "insides" she get nervous and confuse about where to open the camera and how to take out the memory card (she's afraid to break it)

2. wilson44512

wilson44512

did you install the software that came with the camera? if so install it and see if it works.

3. antimoth

antimoth

Yes, as much as expert users hate Easy Share, when it works, it works for the computer illiterate very well.
    Maybe she is better off having it magically connect and stuff her pictures wherever it stuffs them.

4. hi!

hi! Thread Starter

?? I don't know why this is so difficult for the computer to see this Digital Camera as an removable storage devices (to give it a Letter Drive)? The driver is in there because the software connects to the camera? I have other digital cameras and other external devices and once I plug it into the computer it Shows up as a letter drive on My Computer.. how come this one doesn't??? Please help!

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

I've never installed Easy Share .. But from all the problems I've seen here about Easy Share ..
    Let me guess it's because .. When you installed Kodak Easy Share .. It took over your computer...
    and they don't want you to use the simple "My Computer" route.

They make the best software ever .. How dare you want to use something else :D

I think removing it and fixing the auto play so it works again ... may be a problem.
    Maybe one of our Easy Share removal experts will be along shortly.

6. Hughv

Hughv

It's been a while, but I've had to remove Easy Share to correct this problem in the past.
    Picasa is easy to use and can be made to auto run.

7. Soundy

Soundy

Not all cameras support this function.

8. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

Get a card reader, and remove the card from the computer. Put the card in the reader.

9. wilson44512

wilson44512

10. cobalt1

cobalt1

1)install the software cd with camera...

or ...use photo wizard

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/907691

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice