1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How about this computer's hardware?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mlgbgly, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mlgbgly

mlgbgly Thread Starter

I want to buy a aPad for Christmas gifts.
    This is apad?
    How so cheap?
    Operating system Android 2.2. Who used? How about this computer's hardware?
    I saw this link in an advertisement:
    http://www.brandsdragon.com/products/product_28879.htm
    sorry, but the link is not pointing to a purchase of this UMPC.Looking forward to your ideas.Thanks!:mad:

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

I have one almost identical to that, except that I paid $79. It has the same processor and storage space (and add-on SD card), runs Android, has the built-in camera, recorder, and everything. I see no differences, really.

It is an iPad knock-off. I can see that many of the directions and apps in the menus are Chinese in the "aPad". So were mine, but not so many that I couldn't use it. I actually bought it as a book reader, thinking it ridiculous to spend $200+ on something that only read books when I could get an entire computer for a fraction of the cost.

I bought it, downloaded and installed some free Android apps (it connected easily to my WiFi), including 2 free book readers, and have been nothing but pleased with it. The battery time is short (1.5-2 hours), but I fashioned my own external for those long trips where I want to read.

It comes with a stylus, but the touch sensitivity is adjustable, and I find it easier to just use my fingers to flip pages and start apps.

It plays movies and music quite well, though the movies had to be converted to a lower quality to play smoothly. They look good on the screen (and I watch movies that mostly have subtitles, so I have to be able to read those). They play as well as they do on my MP5 player.

So far, very pleased with it. But I wouldn't pay more than the roughly $120 they go for on Ebay.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/969511

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice