1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How are Nvidia's newest drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Slickrick214, Nov 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Slickrick214

Slickrick214 Thread Starter

So I'm thinking of getting a new video card and I'm thinking of doing a complete 360 for me and going with Nvidia instead of AMD. My question is how is Nvidia's GeForce 285.62 Drivers? I have heard that in the past Nvidia has had drivers that can cause lots of problems including complete system crashes that can be recovered until a new install of windows is done. In general how are Nvidia's cards and drivers and how do they perform when paired in an SLI config?

2. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    From my personal experience, having had NVidia cards in every PC I have owned apart from one, I have never had the drivers cause an unrecoverable crash. Infact, I have very rarely had the graphics drivers cause any crash at all unless I have been using a beta version.

3. Seth064

Seth064

I have alsways found Nvidia GFX drivers to be more stable than ATI's. Again the only time I have had issues is when using beta drivers.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    In my opinion, making the switch from ATI/AMD to NVIDIA is a good move.

I have more success with NVIDIA when upgrading from integrated graphics to a video card.

Updating an ATI/AMD driver usually requires uninstalling the old version before installing the new version.

I don't have to do that when updating a NVIDIA driver.

The update to 285.62 went fine for both my GeForce 6200 and GeForce 8400 GS video cards.

---------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1025049

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice