1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How are threads indexed for searching?

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by angel, Apr 10, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. angel

angel Thread Starter

Quick question... I did a search for all threads with at most 0 replies and that was fine. I did the same search a little while later after responding to some of the threads but the results still included the original threads in the results even though they had more than 0 replies.
    Thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    VB reads that 0 as a null value and ignores that part of the search.

3. angel

angel Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, Mike.
    So what is it searching/sorting on in my example? That was my only criteria.

4. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I think your bottom screenshot must not have come from your top one... If you don't enter any keywords, it'll tell you "Please specify some words or valid user names to search on. There were no matches for those that you specified." ... At least it does for me.

5. angel

angel Thread Starter

Nope, no keywords. I just did it again. The only thing I'm changing on the serach criteria page is Find threads with at most 0 replies. So if it's not using that as criteria (which it's obviously not!), then I wonder what it's doing... Hmmmmm....

Attached Files:

6. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Ah, at most... didn't notice that. Dunno.

7. angel

angel Thread Starter

Another mystery...
    That's ok though! With all the great new things around here I'll let it slide!
    :D

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!