1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I build a petrol scooter with a whipper snipper?

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by nickelodeon, Jan 16, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. nickelodeon

nickelodeon Thread Starter

hi,

My friend says his cousin builds petrol scooters with whipper snipper engines. Does anyone know how to do this?

I have the whipper snipper and a scooter :D.

2. Sponsor

3. barfly

barfly

Why not ask your friends cousin? :confused:

4. Big-K

Big-K

It doesnt relate to the subject directly, but when I saw your thread I could've sworn it said 'How can I build a petrol scooter with a whipper snapper?'. I thought you were a grandfather who was trying to build a scooter with his grandson...whoops

5. nickelodeon

hahahahaahahahahahahahah oh i lost it on ur post Big k.

btw: When school starts up again i will ask my friends cousin :D

6. Toddles18

Toddles18

It would be much easier with a chainsaw.

7. nickelodeon

chainsaw? could you please tell me how to do this?

8. Toddles18

Toddles18

The chainsaw already has a sprocket on the crankshaft of the motor. You need a sprocket on your rear wheel and a chain to connect the two together. You're also going to need to rig up a way control the throttel from the handle bar. You should be able to go to any hardware shop and they'll help you find the linkage you need.

9. somefellow

somefellow

you might have trouble with the start as the torque in a chainsaw probably wont get you going with-out a push ...interesting though , i would google some key-words and see what you get ...have fun . :)

10. i hate ram

i hate ram

got a dodge truck? try rigging up the hemi engine :D

ORRR try the chainsaw :rolleyes:

good luck either way :D

11. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

I am guessing that a whipper snipper is a lawn mower or the likes, to build one into a scooter would take some real effort, some raw building materials and a wirefeed welder, I have seen plans on the internet to build such an item....................:cool:
    BTW the chain saw makes a lousy scooter but it makes and awesome add on to a skateboard..............................:cool:

12. nickelodeon

can you please show me these plans :D

13. Guyzer

Guyzer

Besides a throttle you are going to need a friction clutch like a go-kart has unless you want direct drive and no way to stop it. That reminds me, you're gunna need brakes. Of course you could mount some sort of wheel to the crankshaft with a peddle / push down system so when you push down the drive wheel "rubs" against the rear wheel of the scooter. It could be spring loaded and if you lift your foot off you loose power. For brakes, well let me see. How bout a boat anchor till I figure something else out. In all seriousness, a mechanic friend of mine built one and it goes like stink. I'll send him a e-mail to see if he has any or knows where to get plans. I'll keep you posted.
    EDIT: seems my friend bought a pile of stuff from these guys........ http://www.viza.com/

14. AKA Arizona

AKA Arizona

A simple Google search will do "How to build a scooter"................. :cool:

15. nickelodeon

did that couldnt find anything

16. Matty_C

Matty_C

17. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/319861