1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I burn some Pics to a DVD...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by uly7, Jun 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Here is my problem.
    My girlfriend want to send some pictures of the new house to her mom, and I open my big mouth and said that I can put them in a DVD (her mom don't have a computer)
    Now, How can I put some pictures in a DVD? (Me and my big mouth) I have a DVD burner, but if I burn the pictures, Will they show in the TV?
    Can I make some kind of slide show in the DVD with the pictures?
    What kind of program should I use? and At what resolution should I make the pictures?
    Oh, I'm in a big trouble.
    I need you help.
    Thanks a lot.
    Uly7

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Most DVD players these days play JPG picture files as a slideshow.
    They will usually play them fine of a CD-R, as well as off a DVD.

If the mode is supported in the player, just burn them as .jpg as normal. Not in folders though.

3. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

How about the resolution?
    It matters or not?
    Thanks
    Uly7

4. Holly3278

Holly3278

I'd personally recommend burning them to a CD-R rather than a DVD-R for the simple fact that CD-R's are usually quite a bit cheaper. Also, most DVD players will play CD-R's with pictures on them as a slide show like kiwiguy said. I would have no idea what resolution to put them on.

5. slipe

slipe

Unless she has high definition TV reduce the image size to 720 X 480. That is the recommended size for viewing on a standard US TV. The resolution is immaterial.

It might be a safer bet to record the images as a VCD. All DVD players wonÂ’t read VCD, but I think your chances are higher than with JPG. I think this has an unlimited free trial period: http://www.xequte.com/pixplay/

6. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

I cannot make to work, I guess I'm going to follow the tred that ask how to put 99 pictures in a DVD.
    Thanks for your time.
    Uly7

7. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

What doesn't work?

Does the CD just not play or recognise the disc?

Not all DVD players recognise all burnt media. Some will only work on CD-RW (strange but true) and others are fussy as to brand.

8. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Hola
    I tried almost everything, and it doesn't work for me. I have Sony sonic to create DVD's and VCD's, and when I burn the CD and I put it in the DVD, it said " check the disk" all the time. I download 2 programs from the web, and it doesn't work, "check the disk" too.
    I'm going to buy a DVDRW and going to try later. I tried for a couple hours this morning, my head hurt, my ego hurt, everything hurt, and I stop trying.
    Sometimes I hate myself for been so... big mouth.
    I'll let you know what happen, maybe a cool beer helps.
    Thanks for your time.
    ULy7

9. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Look up the compatability of the DVD player here.
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers.php

As an example I have 2 DVD players. One only recognises CD-RW and one recognises both. Both will play .jpg as a slide show, but only if they recognise the media.

The "reflectivity" of burnt media (CD-R, CD-RW DVD-R, DVD+R etc) is very different from original pressed media, and lasers vary between DVD makes. Therefore you get compatability issues.

10. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Hola Kiwi
    OK, I'm not sure what come out of the report for my DVD, but I think, it only plays DVD-R but not VCD' or jpegs.
    All well, I know more than yesterday, thats for sure.
    About the beer, I think it's time.
    Thanks
    Uly7
    By the way, I have a toshiba sd2300

11. Mulderator

Mulderator

Your DVD player probably does not play VCDs--not all do. It may also play only one type of DVD (-R or +R). However, it will definitely show pictures as slides if you use the right disc (-R or +R). I use ULead Movie Factory 3 and I know that definitely will allow you to create slide shows and burn to DVD because I've done it. It has a free trial so since you only have to do this once, give that a try.

12. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

I'm going to try it , I have to put those pictures in the CD or DVD.
    I have a digital video camera (JVC), but I haven't open my mouth yet, I almost did yesterday, but I didn't.
    I"m going to read your post over and over, then I"m going to try, to do something with my camera.
    Thanks for your time.
    Uly7

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/237556

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice