1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can I change the color of scrollbar in XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by bp936, Jan 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bp936

bp936 Thread Starter

I remember in earlier versions of Windows, I could change the colour of the scrollbar but I cannot find a way to change it in XP, it just stays the same as the colour of the menubar. I have seen on some sites, that the scrolllbar is a different colour, with a lot of contrast to the other colours. This is what I would like to achieve. Is there a way to this?
    take a look here, the color changes from your own settings, it is the author's colors

http://www.mdgx.com/ or here

http://www.all4you.dk/FreewareWorld/links.php

:confused:

2. Dust Sailor

Dust Sailor

Go to Control Panel > Display > appearance and make a selection there .

3. bp936

bp936 Thread Starter

thanks sailor, but this is not what I mean, if I do colors in Display, it still keeps everything the same color, many fields are greyed out. In older version of Windows, I could change just the scrollbar different. Now I can only get a darker or lighter color of the same as my menu or button. it just cannot be changed singularaly. I would have liked a bit more contrast then XP lets me do it, does anyone know how to change , I have search everywhere, but can't find it.

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

5. bobol

bobol

when in appearances tab, go to Advanced at bottom... then on next display select Item [bottom half] then you should see 'scrollbar' in the list... from there you can select Color to its right.

EDIT;hmmm,scrub the above advice,lol....I see only the scroll size can be changed there.

6. pqann

pqann

Go to control panel, appearance and click on 3d items. You can then change the color of the font.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/325167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice