1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I change..

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by uly7, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

Hola
    How can I change my Windows Update from Spanish to English?
    For some estrange reason, my windows update started to appear in Spanish. I speak, read and write in Spanish, but I don't understand noting if I see it in a computer. I don't remember change it to Spanish myself and my son only speak English, so who change it? I don't know. Microsoft?
    Please help me "Por favor?"
    Uly7

2. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

By the way, I used to have a spybot (I believe) firewall install but after restoring my computer, I lost it. Where can I find it?

3. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Hi uly7 . Simply click on the "Windows Update Worldwide " tab on the windows update page , and select english in the far left column . As far as a fire-wall , did you mean Zone Alarm which is a free fire-wall :) .

4. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

If I click in the English version, as soon as I click to look for updates, it goes back to Spanish. GGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
    I just can make it to start in English, it's a pain in the butt.
    For the firewall, I have Zone alarm but I don't like it and it, it slow down everything. The other firewall I got it from a link that I found in this forums, but I do not remember the name of it. I think it was from Spy something. I have to go back and check for this firewall, it works great.
    Thanks 700
    Uly7

5. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Don`t know about the english preference saving for you ...maybe windows itself is in spanish mode via your windows settings.

Was Sygate the fire-wall you may be looking for ?

6. uly7

uly7 Thread Starter

!!Yes!! is Spygate.
    How can I change my settings for Windows update?
    Thanks.
    P.S. I click in your link and a very angry man show up and tell me my ISP # (I think) and my e-mail Address (almost) What exactly is the number that I got from your page? and How do you do that?

It's "COOL"

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219992

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice