How can I connect audio to my TV?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

slightlysteve

Hi there,

My aim is to project image from my MacBook onto the TV following this method... http://www.wikihow.com/Connect-a-Macbook-Pro-to-a-TV

I'm using a DVI-HDMI adapter, and that means it won't carry the audio. So I'm getting a separate cable to connect audio to the back of the TV, a 3.5 mm to 3 RCA AV Audio cable.

This method states "When connecting the audio to your TV, you may need to change the settings on your TV... Change the audio settings from digital to video to get your audio up and working."

However I'm struggling to find the option to change the audio settings from digital to video on the TV... it's a Sabre brand TV.

I've looked everywhere online for a Sabre TV manual but no dice. Can anyone tell me how I can change the audio settings?

Thank you!

Steve

etaf

Wayne
what are the 3 RCA inputs on the back of the TV labelled as
Probably two of them maybe Audio OUT rather than IN

i suspect when you switch to HDMI the TV is expecting to get the audio from the HDMI input
whats the exact model of the TV

Oddba11

Jim
It's My Birthday!
Not all TV's allow you to select mixed inputs (ie: video on one input, audio on a different input).

As noted, the brand/model information would be helpful. Or you can refer to the User Manual.

slightlysteve

Hi again!

The brand is Sabre and the model number is LCT47PBKA.

I've also attached a photo of the back of the TV.

Thank you!

Steve

Attachments

etaf

Wayne
i cant read the image - can we have a better readable shot please

i cant find a user manual online

i suspect they are audio on for whatever the 3rd RCA says
or for the component video for the two Y PB PR

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online