How can I connect my monitor screen to my laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brqdy

So I recently got a new monitor to hook up my Xbox to, and I wanted to record my monitor screen through my laptop. So, I was wondering how I can connect my monitor to my laptop so I can screen record my Xbox.
Thanks

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi Brqdy, and welcome to TSG.

The answer is most likely that you can not do that with any kind of a simple cord. The video connectors on most laptops are for video output only. There is no way to feed external video into them.

Depending on the type of USB ports you have on your laptop and the video resolution on the Xbox monitor, you may be able to split the video going to the monitor and use a USB based video capture device connected to the laptop.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online