How can I disable the right click on IE for everybody?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sph128

I work for a small company as a tech guy, and I'm trying to disable the right bottom on the Microsoft IE for all station; because they save pictures as wall paper and it slows down the performance of the computer. Please help!

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
I think you may be able to lock them out of using wall paper, but not sure how.
Your right-click approach may not be the way to go.

To follow on from bassetmans suggestion,

first you need to create a background in paint of a single color, say for instance, teal, save it to c:\Windows as background.bmp

Now go to Start | Run
Type in regedit

Find the following Key in the left pane:

HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Highlight it and then click Edit | New
Click Data String
call it Wallpaper

Double click on it in the right pane to modify it, and set the value to C:\Windows\background.bmp

Create another Data String as above and call it WallpaperStyle

Give it one of the following values

0 = Centred (default)
1 = Tiled
2 = Stretched

(personally,I suggest 2 ;))
Close regedit, restart computer

SPH128-Take a look at this. The seventh one down of the left should do it.

http://www.dougknox.com/security/

I that doesn't work go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies and create a Key named "ActiveDesktop" then create a new DWORD Value named "NoChangingWallpaper" and set its value at "1". This will stop any change to the Wallpaper. This will grey out the "Set as Background" option on the right click menu.

Here is the link to a bunch of restrictions:

http://www.winguides.com/forums/sho...4&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&part=1#Post43194

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online