1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can i ensure correct keyboad ps/2 plug replacement with usb plug,help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shabirnaqvi, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shabirnaqvi

shabirnaqvi Thread Starter

I want to replace ps/2 plug of my keyboard which has five wires named yellow, grey, red, black and open wires, with usb plug having four wires coloured red, green, white and black. when I connect them just by hit n try method, computer say usb device not recognized

2. Megabite

Megabite

USB keyboards are so cheap now it seems a waste of time going that route. Plus you can get a ps/2 to USB adapter that is even cheaper

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    That's a sure way to fry or damage something. A PS2 device is not the same as a USB device, some newer devices have circuits for both and that's the only reason PS2 to USB adapters work, older ones do not. I would would recommend you stop and buy a new keyboard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1133087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice