1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How Can I Find Out The Size Of My Laptop Monitor?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jrru2, Nov 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jrru2

Jrru2 Thread Starter

Hello all

I have a Gateway 600 Series(600YGR) Notebook. It's hinges have become ridiculously loose, and as such I need to order new ones and put them in(I know how to do it and it's much preferable to paying Gateway $300 to give me a new LCD). The only problem is that this model apparently comes in two sizes LCD-wise: 15.0 and 15.7. I don't know which mine is. Is it enough to just put a measuring tape to my monitor? Or is there any other way to find out? It's not in any of my documentation. Any help is appreciated.

2. Sponsor

3. hotskates

hotskates

Thats what I would do:) I'm not sure though if you would measure horizontally or from corner to corner? Maybe someone else knows. Some t.v. screens are measured from corner to corner, thats why I mentioned it.

4. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

Go to THIS link then click on the two hinges listed. Compare the picture of each set with what is on your laptop.

Good luck.

Kilowatt

5. Couriant

Couriant James Trusted Advisor

LCD viewable size is the same size as stated by the manufacturer, unlike CRTs where their viewable size is smaller than the size specified.

Measure the screen from bottom left to top right. That will give you your size.

6. Couriant

7. Jrru2

Jrru2 Thread Starter

Mine is Pentium 4.

And when I measured the monitor from corner to corner(and I assume you're supposed to measure JUST the viewing area and NOT the frame/bezel), it went over 15. A little over 15 and a half, actually.

So, should I assume it's 15.7"?

8. Couriant

yeah, I don't think they would put a 15.7" screen with a celeron while putting a 15" on a P4 :D Well not when I was selling notebooks anyways :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/417338