How can I fix the blue screen of death?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PileofJones

First time with this problem. My laptop recently opened up to what I learned is known as the "blue screen of death"! Laptop was running slowly so I shut it down. It had an update available so I said update, then shut down. I left it overnight and when I tried to start it the next morning it gave me blue screen. The stop code I've been receiving is inaccessible boot device. Any guidance on this would be greatly appreciated as all my attempts of deleting recent installs, system restores and accessing the Dism image get packages have all failed to give me any sort of a result. Thanks in advance for any advice offered!

Attachments

Did you try to see if there are older restore points? It is in miniature text on the bottom of the restore screen.

As you can login and access Windows now, you can try the program called WhoCrashed. It gives English explanation of BOSDs.

Well 'inaccessible boot device' usually means the hard drive / SSD has problems. You can download and create a Live Linux USB on a good compiuter, boot with that and copy off important data to a USB stick.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online