1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I get a refund from satellite tv-4-pc outfit?

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by ruster, Jan 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ruster

ruster Thread Starter

Hi all,
    I made the mistake of joining an online tv outfit called satellite tv-4-pc. Their service is very poor and unsatisfactory. On their advertising they stated they have a 30 day cancelation policy but have no way to contact them to go after the refund.
    Anyone have the same problem? Thanks.

russell strutt

Edited by Cookiegal to remove e-mail address.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Did you pay by credit card? If so, you may want to contact them about your options for contesting the payment and getting it reversed.

Good luck trying to contact tv-4-pc.com directly. A WHOIS lookup shows the domain name is registered to a company in Malta that uses a hotmail address.

Registrant:
    MEM Limited
    236 / 3 Tower rd.
    Sliema, SLM SLM 09
    MT

Domain Name: TV-4-PC.COM

Administrative Contact:
    Dimech, Steven [email protected]
    236 / 3 Tower rd.
    Sliema, SLM SLM 09
    MT

3. ruster

ruster Thread Starter

Hi Chuck Wozniak,
    Thanks very much for the info. Will try to get a refund thru steven dimech. Will keep you informed.

Russell Strutt

4. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Russell,

Maybe I should have been a bit clearer. If you paid by credit card, you should contact your credit card issuer about getting the charges reversed and to prevent any future charges from the tv "service".

5. ruster

ruster Thread Starter

Hi All,
    Update on trying to get a refund from a satellite tv-4-pc outfit. I contacted my Visa org and they gave me a phone number to call, which I did, and the outfit said they would refund it all except the $9.95 refund charge.
    I also emailed Steven Dimech who expressed regret(!?!) and said they would process the repayment. Again that was several days ago I'll believe it when I see it.

Russell Strutt

6. hewee

hewee

You should delete you email address or the spam bots will get it and your get a lot more spam.
    Never post you email address at forum or in chat.

7. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

It's a Hotmail address. In a different country. I would bet the guy's name isn't Steven Dimech either. I wouldn't expect any response from him/the company.

Your credit card provider should have immediately reversed the charge. Call them back and have them do this.

8. ruster

ruster Thread Starter

Hi DoubleHelix,
    Thanks for info, my email address is now removed. Tried to get it reversed first thing, but they wouldn't / couldn't do it. Will try again.
    Ruster

9. hewee

hewee

You can only edit your post the first 24 hours after you posted so if any thing needs edit after that your have to ask a Mod to do for you.
    You could use the [​IMG] you see at the top right of your post and ask for help.

They don't like to just edit out anything but something like taking out because it can change the post and replys other made, but your email address I am sure they will be glad to help out on.

10. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

he means the charges. They (charge company) couldn't wouldn't do it so hes going to try again

11. ruster

ruster Thread Starter

Hey All,
    Done got it!! Most of the charge for the satellite tv-4-pc was credited to my credit card. I think it was getting the outfit's phone number from Visa and calling them direct was what did it. Thank you Tech Support Guys, especially cwwozniak, hewee and doublehelix. Much apprciated. I'll be getting some $ to TSG.
    Hope no one else lets themselves get sucked into scams like that one. It happened because my lcd tv died and was going thru weeks of wet and cold weather and was a little "depraved". Thanks again.

12. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    I just go by the old adage that, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."

13. hewee

hewee

Good to hear.

14. TerryMz

TerryMz

Same problem. I signed up on Sat Feb 17 and tried to cancel the same day. The email link does not work.
    Called my credit Card company (Mastercard) after reading these postings on Mon. They stated that as this is not a fraud, ie, I had downloaded the software successfully and it works, that I will have to call back in a couple of days when they have received the details of the charge. I will then have to enter a Dispute Process regarding the charge.

Will keep you posted on this.

Thanks for your comments.
    Terry

15. ruster

ruster Thread Starter

Hope you get your money back! Took about 10 days for me to get it. See if your card company will give you the phine number of the tv-4-pc outfit once the charge comes thru.
    Keep us info'd.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539950

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice