1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can i get Dual monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by great74, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. great74

great74 Thread Starter

i got a new graphics card its Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 Graphics Card (1GB, PCI-Express, GDDR5, Dust-proof Fan)

it only has 1 slot to fit in a monitor cable into it.. so does that mean i cant have dual monitors? or is there some way i can have dual monitors?

2. Dougx789

Dougx789

3. great74

great74 Thread Starter

ye it has has 2 other slots

but none fit my monitor cable

the second monitor i have doesnt have any of the other 2 options

it has just a vga cable

4. trevordk

trevordk

5. Dougx789

Dougx789

The above suggestion will give you two monitors which see the same thing (duplicated display)

You can get a display port to VGA connector which will allow you to have 2 separate monitors (one DVI-I and the other VGA)

I believe a display port is pretty much the same thing as a DVI-I port (analog and digital) so it should be a straight cable with no converter necessary eg http://www.amazon.co.uk/StarTech-DisplayPort-Video-Adapter-Converter/dp/B001RPCZL4

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    What monitors do you have? They may have additional ports aside from VGA. If not, as mentioned above, Display port can be converted to VGA.

7. trevordk

trevordk

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1097125

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice