1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I get emails from gmail and yahoo to outlook?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by merkavam4, Mar 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. merkavam4

merkavam4 Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I was wondering how can I view my emails from gmail and yahoo in outlook(not the emails from my ISP mail box)? how do I configure outlook to do that?
    The outlook version is outlook 2003.

Thanks

2. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

3. merkavam4

merkavam4 Thread Starter

Thanks mate

After reading this and in google help, I've managed to do it, but because I have 2 gmail accounts, I want each one to be in a seperate folder in outlook. how is it done?

4. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

Glad it was helpful.
    You could get all g-mail from account no.2 forwarded to g-mail acount no.1 using the tools in the gmail account 2. Then set up gmail account 1 to go to your outlook folder.
    I think that would be one way of doing it.

Richard.

5. NedLud

NedLud

You'll use the "rules and alerts" option in the tools menu. I don't have outlook 2003 handy, but essentially you'll look to set up a rule where messages coming TO your gmail address is moved to the Folder you've created for it.

6. merkavam4

merkavam4 Thread Starter

How do I create new folders in outlook? do I need to set the 2nd account like the first one?

7. NedLud

NedLud

You will need to create one account per email address that you want to pull into outlook -- so if you have 2 gmail addresses, you'll need 2 accounts.

To create new folders, simply right-click on Inbox at the left pane, and select "new folder". Give it a name, and use those folder names in creating your rule.

8. merkavam4

merkavam4 Thread Starter

It may be a noob question, but how do I create a rule that says "when an emails comes to(gmail account), move it to(new folder name)" without making any contacts or something like that, just this simple rule?

9. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

I would bet if you searched outlooks help, you will find your answer.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/694257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice