How can i get my emails back to my email server

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jgajul2

Hello all,

Today i was playing with Outlook 2007 version, I gave all my university email credintials, and it did not ask me options like "POP" or "IMAP" . So i just gave my details clicked on "Finish" , then all my university emails got downloaded to Outlook which i installed in my laptop. But i really want all my emails back to my University email server, so that i can check all my emails anywhere in the world.

Can i reverse the process and get all my downloaded emails back to email server?

Now if i change the setttings from "POP" to "IMAP" does it put all my emails back to server?

can you help plese?

-Jay

Sounds like you need to contact the universities tech support department. Though it is likey that if it's a IMAP server you can put the e-mails back.

jgajul2

Hey Thanks.. Actually i work in the technical support department of our University :) :D , i will find out weather it is a IMAP server or not. Thanks

- Jay

LauraMJ

Administrator
You could simply email them all back to yourself at that email address.

jgajul2

Hey thanks for the info..thats a very good idea too... :) , do we need to forward each items manually, or is there any facility to select all items and forward them at a time to any email address? and when i try to do that..all emails are coming as attachments to one single email, and i think its very big in size..it was never sent...it was just sitting in OUTBOX.... any idea ? thanks once again.... :)

- Jay

LauraMJ

Administrator
I'm not familiar with Outlook 7..........do you have a "selection" box for emails? And yeah, if an attachment is too big, it won't be sent. What "too big" entails depends on your speed and any server restrictions.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online