How can i get rid of the 'Switch User' button...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

liviococcia

Hello All
Is it possible to get rid of the 'Swicth User' option when logging off from only a selection of account users?, the reason i want to do this is that i have four users on the one computer, which is running Windows XP, and one of the account users needs the 'Switch User' facility to allow various programs to run constantly.

Or, is it possible to have a Warning message display before being able to log-off, or when choosing to log-off.

Any help or ideas would be grateful

regards
Livio

Go to control panel, user account. From the main page, click on change the way user logon and off, uncheck use fast user switching

liviococcia

Hello Kinaj, thanks for the reply

I did know of this method, but didn't try it as i thought i'd read something somewhere about "it turning the 'Switch User' mode off to all account users", am i wrong in thinking this, and that this is not the case?

Kind regards

yes.....ur rite liviococcia........when u try what klnaj said.,..it disables fast user switching for ALL USERS

liviococcia

Hello Roshith, thanks for validating this, trouble is, is there a way around this issue, maybe having a permanent notice maybe placed within the Windows logon 'Welcome' screen, or even placed on the desktop of all the account users, any ideas would be great.

regards

sorry liviococcia...i have no idea wot to do for this....
u cud just wait for a while n hope that someone else more knowledgeable comes upon this forum.......:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online