Solved How can I get window free on the Internet?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cherlotte

As title, how can I do it?
As you known, buy a new software of window 10 was great expensive for the student.
Anyone who has a good suggestion?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Try checking with your school if they offer any discounted Educational versions of Windows.

Just to clarify. Is the Win10 going to be installed on a computer with a current or previously activated install of Win 7 or 8? If so, the Free upgrade path to Win 10 is still available.
If it is to be installed on a computer that has never had an OS, such as a custom build, then cwwozniak's suggestion should be followed.

I recently tried to install a fresh Win 10 and typed in a Win 7 key. It worked.
I have yet to find it necessary to enter a key for any Win 10 upgrades I've done. All installs have auto activated without a glitch.

cherlotte

If I have found it from the Internet. Do you guys think is it safe to install?

crjdriver

If I have found it from the Internet. Do you guys think is it safe to install?
If you "found" it on the microsoft site, it is fine. If you found it on some torrent site, NO.
Windows is NOT free. There are numerous discounts, etc however it still costs something.
There is the free upgrade however you did pay something for the win7/8 version.
Yes, using a win7/8 key still works. Did a clean install a few weeks ago using that procedure.

cherlotte

If you "found" it on the microsoft site, it is fine. If you found it on some torrent site, NO.
Windows is NOT free. There are numerous discounts, etc however it still costs something.
There is the free upgrade however you did pay something for the win7/8 version.
Yes, using a win7/8 key still works. Did a clean install a few weeks ago using that procedure.
I think torrent site isn't safe. I don't the people or guys made a dangeous software....
I decided to buy a license for activation the Window 10.
Thank you you guys for helping!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online