1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved How can I get window free on the Internet?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by cherlotte, Sep 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cherlotte

cherlotte Thread Starter

As title, how can I do it?
    As you known, buy a new software of window 10 was great expensive for the student.
    Anyone who has a good suggestion?

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Try checking with your school if they offer any discounted Educational versions of Windows.

3. C141

C141

Just to clarify. Is the Win10 going to be installed on a computer with a current or previously activated install of Win 7 or 8? If so, the Free upgrade path to Win 10 is still available.
    If it is to be installed on a computer that has never had an OS, such as a custom build, then cwwozniak's suggestion should be followed.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

I recently tried to install a fresh Win 10 and typed in a Win 7 key. It worked.

5. C141

C141

I have yet to find it necessary to enter a key for any Win 10 upgrades I've done. All installs have auto activated without a glitch.

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

I meant to say I did a clean install.

7. cherlotte

cherlotte Thread Starter

If I have found it from the Internet. Do you guys think is it safe to install?

8. lunarlander

lunarlander

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you "found" it on the microsoft site, it is fine. If you found it on some torrent site, NO.
    Windows is NOT free. There are numerous discounts, etc however it still costs something.
    There is the free upgrade however you did pay something for the win7/8 version.
    Yes, using a win7/8 key still works. Did a clean install a few weeks ago using that procedure.

10. cherlotte

cherlotte Thread Starter

I think torrent site isn't safe. I don't the people or guys made a dangeous software....
    I decided to buy a license for activation the Window 10.
    Thank you you guys for helping!

11. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217110

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice