1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I group several addresses in Outlook Express to just one keyword?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by diablo75, Oct 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diablo75

diablo75 Thread Starter

For example. Say I'm the member of a committee of people, and I have all of their e-mail addresses in my address book in Outlook Express. Instead of hand picking them one at a time, is there I way I could select them all and assign them a kind of group tag? So when I go to compose new message, I could just type the word "Committee" in, and all those people will be sent the e-mail.

I'm not sure if I'm describing this very well, but I remember this being a feature of e-mail at a place I used to work at. You could just type in a department name, for instance, and all the people in that department would be automatically e-mailed.

If there isn't a way to do this in outlook express, what's the next best way to do what I'm wanting to do? Dumb question, but I'm asking because I've barely used outlook express before, so I don't know what it can and can't do.

Thanks for the help!

2. jkskinsfan

jkskinsfan

Hi diablo75. In Outlook Express open your Addresses. On the left at the top, click on "New" and then on "New Group". Give the Group a Name and then click on "Select Members". Double Click on each of the Addresses that you want to add to this Group and you will see them appear in the window to the right. When you have all of the Addresses selected and appearing in the right hand window, just click OK and Ok again. Now when you want to send e-mails to all of the people in that group just put the name of the Group in the "To" line and it will go to all of them. Hope this helps.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice