1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can i let people see me on my web cam?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jimx9061, Feb 20, 2004.

?

am i great?

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. yes indeed

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. yes indeedy

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jimx9061

jimx9061 Thread Starter

please help me to allow others to see me through my web cam!(y)

2. sleekluxury

sleekluxury

What exactly is the problem your having?

3. jimx9061

jimx9061 Thread Starter

the main problem is i don't even know where to start so any help would be much appreciated!

4. Rockn

Rockn

1) Buy a web cam...absolutely necessary to use a web cam you have to have one.
    2) Connect it to your PC, install the drivers and version of DirectX required.
    3) Open Netmeeting or whaever webcast software you want to use. NetMeeting is part of MSN Messenger.
    4) Sit naked in front of your cam and look rediculous.
    5) No, you aren't great.

That about covers it.

5. jimx9061

jimx9061 Thread Starter

thanks rock on i already done three of those things, but not in that order...

6. Rockn

Rockn

Do you have a broadband router? You may need to open the ports for NetMeeting

7. Holly3278

Holly3278

Just so you know, you can use webcams on Yahoo Messenger without Netmeeting. Also, MSN Messenger 6 and Windows Messenger (the version of MSN Messenger that comes with Windows XP) has built in webcam capabilities. The latest stand alone version (not the one that comes with AOL itself but the one you use with ISPs other than AOL) has built in webcam capabilities. You don't need NetMeeting for any of these as far as I am aware. I am not sure about ICQ though because I don't use it. Anyway, I would like to recommend EHow for some other things on how to do stuff on computers. It also has step by step guides on how to do other things as well. Just thought you might be interested. :) I didn't find one on installing webcams though but the steps you were given above by the other person are correct.

8. Melodi

Melodi

Ummm.....was sitting naked in front of it one of the three things? If it is......um and you are great.....how does one see you thru your web cam??? I, of course would just be checking to see if it was all working properly...kind of like quality assurance.

9. sleekluxury

sleekluxury

Lol.......Quality Assurance? :D (y)

10. Melodi

Melodi

Absolutely you've ummm...you've heard of secret shopper right? They send an anonymous person in to check how the service is. Well I am doing that for TSG (anonymously), making sure that everyone has advised this individual correctly in setting up his webcam so I can see him naked. I mean....so it works properly.....so, yeah...that's what I'm doing.

11. Holly3278

Holly3278

Looks like you're not to anonymous anymore. ;)

12. kath100

kath100

Leave it to me, I will report back to Melodi :D

13. Melodi

Melodi

Thanks Kath100

See people, we really are only interested in quality assurance.:D

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/205324