1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I make a site from an excel spreadhseet & corresponding jpgs?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by caffiendo, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. caffiendo

caffiendo Thread Starter

Ok, I recently received an excel file of items that I wish to display. The spreadsheet of items has 19 fields/columns and a lot of rows or Entires.

The spreadsheet has a primary key (unique identifier) but not labeled as such. The spreadsheet has everything needed, information wise, for a webpage

There are also pictures and thumbnails that correspond to the primary key spreadsheet. The picture is the primary key +.jpg

What is the easiest way to go about setting up a functional webpage? I'm not extremely comfortable with web programming but can feel my way through if pointed in the right direction. If someone can point me to a sample of tell me what type of programming will do what I want that would be great too!

I have been using Macromedia DreamWeaver 8 recently and like this.

I REALLY appreciate anyone here steering me in the right direction. Thanks so much!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Not exactly sure how you define easiest and functional. I use MS-Excel 2003 and it does have an export as HTML function. It basically creates a frame set where each worksheet becomes a separate web page in the top frame. The bottom frame duplicates the worksheet selection tabs found in Excel. It generates a God awful amount of hidden code but it does seem to work.

A working but not very pretty example can be found at:

http://www.markproductscorp.com/NEW_Short_form_catalog/

3. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

I just cut and paste the relevant part of the Excel spreadsheet into a Dreamweaver document. It automatically creates the code (without the crap that Excel does).

Courtney sends....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice