1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I make "Solitaire" cards bigger on my laptop?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by hotskates, Sep 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

I have a new laptop with a 16" screen. When I open up the solitaire game the cards are so tiny, the cards are about l l/2 inches tall.
    I have tried enlarging the text and all other obvious enlargements but for some reason solitaire cards stay small.

Could this be that the game is just smaller with Windows XP, or maybe on a laptop?

MY home computer runs on WIndows ME and solitaire cards are much bigger on the same size screen.

2. adambailey

adambailey Guest

try to change you screen resolution on your main windows screen and then play but to be honest if that dont work play it on a desktop!

3. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Yeah, I already thought of that. I think i'm stuck with the teeny weeny cards.

4. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Today I changed the dpi to 120 and went into the icon size and raised that to large, Still the solitaire cards are tiny? THis is on my laptop with windows xp.
    ( My home pc the cards are twice as big. Thats the look I'm after.)

5. PC_Wiz

PC_Wiz

Test in safe mode and Vga mode to see if the cards display correctly.

Tab on the F8 key after the memory count

6. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

The displays are correct. Its a problem with XP on laptops only. I think the size is permanent for solitaire.

7. Rockn

Rockn

Not dpi, desktop size. It's probably set at 1024 x 768 or larger. Set it to 800 x 600

8. PC_Wiz

PC_Wiz

If changing the video resolution as Rockn suggested does not resolve the issue, then try to update the video drivers.

9. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

I've done all of that and solitaire is still small - I think thats the only option for its size.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice