How can I make Windows Explorer show folders in the left pane automatically every tim

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

droidbot7000

How can I make Windows Explorer show folders in the left pane automatically every time I run it?

not sure what you mean there?.... do you mean when you click on lets say, explore from drop down menu, what opens up is not a long list of folders? and if not, what are you seeing?.....

jdl

I'm still not sure what we are talking about here. Are you ever able to view the windows explorer in dual pane mode? Does it open differently than what you were viewing when it closed down?

Try this...When viewing windows explorer in single pane, click view and then, in the drop-down menu, click "folders."

droidbot7000

Yes I know.... I just want it to show the folders when I first start it up without clicking anything, like the old DOS Dirtree, PCTools, Norton Commander.
Anyone rmember these? Is there a freeware substitute that's any good?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online