How Can I Polish Expensive Stones Myself?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hulk701

Banned
Hi Gang,

I have a friend who has what looks like, expensive stones. She found them while rock climbing in Colorado. She has rubies, emeralds, sapphires, and amethysts.

She doesn't want to go to a jeweler because it would be too expensive. The question is, how can she do this herself? There is quite a bit of quartz on the rocks and she needs how to take it off.

Hulk701

Banned
Gold or Silver? Do ya really think she would have trusted MOI with 'em...:D

Buying the equipment to cut and polish them would cost you more than taking them in and having them done. Look up local lapidary shops, they may be far less expensive than a jewler who probably wouldn't touch rough stones to begin with.

Hulk701

Banned
hewee said:
What ever you do get before and after pictures.

Wow, I can't believe how well the process worked!:confused:

Thanks Gang!(y)

I saw the capataized word Polish and sat here with my hand raised but nobody called on me.

Hulk701

Banned
Well in that case all you have to do is put a lump of coal in a rock tumbler and out comes a genuine diamond!:p ;)

Now all you need to do is go to India and they will show you how to cut and polish them for a meal.....

If you're looking for a cheap rock polisher, just put your stones in one of your cars hubcaps with a little sand & water. You'd be amazed what a few hours of city driving can accomplish.

What was it I read above, "Blessed are the cracked .....?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online