1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I recover deleted data?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by JazzMan983, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JazzMan983

JazzMan983 Thread Starter

Ok, I did a bad bad thing. I switched my mom's computer with mine to get back at her for using my comptuer for years and making it bascially crap. So i switched our computers. I made them look exactly the same.. except i completely forgot about saved files etc etc. How can I revive files that I have deleted? These are very very important files. You have no idea how important this is. I have to get these files for her because she has a paper due tomorrow. I'm not about to let her fail a class because of something stupid i've done. Please help me Please please please. Thanks for your time.

2. Sponsor

3. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Switching computers doesn't delete files.

Exactly what did you do to lose the data.

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Chuck
    How exactly did you make hers look like yours?

If you put files in the Windows wastebasket and did not then empty it, you should be able to open the wastebasket and restore them

5. kidnewbie

kidnewbie

check here

cwwozniak: windows wastebasket?? maybe you ment recycle bin

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Chuck
    I guess I am too old and set in my ways to leave my Apple Macintosh roots behind me. :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/460074

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice