1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can i remove errors without buying a program to remove the errors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by andrewlaw, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. andrewlaw

andrewlaw Thread Starter

I downloaded spydoctor it said the computer has 87 infections and i have to purchae it to remove the infections. I want to know if I can remove the errors without purchasing a program to erase them please help.

2. nessyguin

nessyguin

3. 1002richards

1002richards Retired Trusted Advisor

andrewlaw Hi and welcome to TSG,
    They are after your money. If you can identify specific problems or symptoms with your PC/laptop, then start a new topic here at TSG and get free advice from here.

I hope this helps?
    Richard.

4. sluice

sluice

There are a number of free anti-spyware programs you can download, e.g. Lavasoft's Anti-Spyware and Microsoft's Windows Defender. In fact I would recommend using both regularly to scan your system. If the infections are viruses then you need a decent AV program. If you are prepared to purchase, then I recommend ESET's NOD32, which I think is better than most. Alternatively, free AV software is also available, such as Grisoft's AVG or avast! antivirus Home Edition. If you haven't got an anti-virus program installed and a firewall, you're in trouble!

5. Jones

Jones

The three best programs to have installed on your computer:

Spyware Blaster

AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition

ZoneAlarm Firewall

All are free, and all work better than their 'purchased' competition.

6. gomes

gomes

I use around 8 different programs to disinfect my computer. There isn't one single program out that can catch every single infection. It's always smart to use 3 or 4 different kinds for the same purpose. The reason being is that if one program doesn't pick something up, the other 2 or 3 programs that you have scanning afterwards can pick up what you've already missed. :)

The programs I use to detect malware (spyware, trojan, adware, rootkit, logger, worm etc):
    Spy Sweeper
    Spybot S&D
    CounterSpy
    Spyware Doctor
    Hijack This
    Kaspersky AntiVirus
    Trojan Hunter
    TDS-3

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/699058

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice