1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I removed IE 7.0 from my computer?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by ravinsm, Jan 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ravinsm

ravinsm Thread Starter

I just downloaded it and I HATE it - absolutely hate it. Finally found my favorites - took forever. My screen is all weird and hard on the eyes - blurry. It stinks.

I'm hoping there is an easy, painless way of getting rid of it. I would appreciate any help that can be given.

Thanks!!!! Ravin

2. guitar

guitar Banned

uninstall it through add/remove programs in control panel

3. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

If you have your XP disk you can also use two free programs (net framework and nlite) to remove win. installation programs permanently - I just made a new disk without IE explorer, media player, outlook express and all of the drivers and language packs non specific to my computer. Original size was about 600mb and it went to 300mb. I installed it yesterday and am stunned at how well it works.
    It's now more like a linux installation - just the OS - you add whatever else you need or want.

4. ravinsm

ravinsm Thread Starter

If I remove the 7.0, will it automatically go back to the version I had before or do I have to find that again to install?

With the 7.0, is there a way for to change it so I can open links in Outlook? Since I downloaded 7.0, I can not open any links I receive through e-mail. I sure hope they are doing something to fix all the kinks - and why the heck release it before they figured this all out . . .

Thanks!

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    It will revert to the previous version you had.

You can still open links from Outlook/OE. Make sure IE is set as the default browser in "Set Program Access and Defaults.

6. guitar

guitar Banned

yes it should roll back to your old version

7. John Burns

John Burns

I am not sure why your installation is blurry and hard on your eyes. I have IE7 installed and it is not blurry at all. It does take a while to get accoustomed to the changes, but after adjusting to it, I really like it better than IE6 - especially the tabs (like Firefox has).

Of course, it's your decision - and I understand some people don't like the changes. If you uninstall it, as triple6 and guitar indicated, it WILL revert back to IE6.

8. guitar

guitar Banned

blurry can be due to clear type being turned on

9. lexmarks567

lexmarks567

yes if you delete it thorugh add/remove programs in my computer and reboot it will roll back to the verson installed when you got the computer

10. ravinsm

ravinsm Thread Starter

Thank you for all the responses. I haven't deleted it yet - figured I would give it a day or two. I did check IE as the default browser (it had it checked to use the one I had currently - so it should have been using IE anyway) and it still does not let me open links through my outlook e-mails.

Where do I find the clear type at?

Thanks again! Ravin

11. Peter Komar

Peter Komar

Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, always use Clear Type for HTML:)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536476

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice