1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I reset the Registry Booster 2 license code

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cordiafreaks, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cordiafreaks

cordiafreaks Thread Starter

I have 3 computers and want to run Registry Booster 2 on (but only have a 1PC licence)....

How can I reset the Registry Booster 2 license code so I can run the scan on each of my other systems???

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

3. cordiafreaks

cordiafreaks Thread Starter

I am not intentionally attempting to do anything illegal... I have already purchased the licence for the software... but when I attempt to activate it on another machine it says the licence is already reached its 1 user capacity.

I would like to remove the licence key on one machine, then uninstall the product.
    Then install a fresh copy onto my other computer...

As I have already purchased this licence it is hardly illegal, afterall it won't allow me to have more than one product running with the same licence at one time anyway...

Hope someone can help! :confused:

4. redoak

redoak Gone but never forgotten

You would be better served to "throw the program to the dogs." Registry "cleaners" are apt to do more harm than good. See info below, which is in a file I created from comments by knowledgeable folks here at TSG.

{redoak}

Advice and Info re Registry 'cleaners'- excerpts from TSG, 10-07

The main reason they are apt to cause problems is because the cleaners do NOT just clean up stuff left over from uninstalls. They also "guess" that other items need to be deleted, many times incorrectly. They also attempt to "fix" references to files that no longer exist.

As a result, you can end up with programs that no longer work, functions that no longer work and in some cases a PC that will no longer boot.

There is no performance gains to be had by running these things. Windows does not read the entire registry when it is looking for something. It uses the keys which allow them to go straight to the item that they are looking for.

References:
    http://www.edbott.com/weblog/?p=643
    http://www.computerhope.com/registry.htm

If you really want to see how active the registry is in your normal running environment, download and run Regmon.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896652.aspx

As you will see, the registry is constantly being accessed. If, for each of these, the entire file was being searched, your PC would be amazingly slow and not responsive.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sorry I am unable to cite and give credit to the authors.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You only think you're not doing something illegal, however the whole intent of the license is for you to buy as many copies as you have machines.

Closed.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703500

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice