1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can i save my pictures to cd

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by Al-1, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Al-1

Al-1 Thread Starter

I have a cd writer but cannot seem to save my pictures to cd. I can save mpegs but not jpegs. Does anybody know a simple answer to this?

Alex

2. Rockn

Rockn

What software are you using to burn to CD?

3. Al-1

Al-1 Thread Starter

I seem to be able to burn mpegs through real one player, is there any sortware I can download to enable me to save jpegs?

Alex

4. Rockn

Rockn

Real one only does audio and video if I am not mistaken. I use Nero and have never had a problem with it. didn't your burner come with any software?

5. Al-1

Al-1 Thread Starter

I haven't located any, it is a work computer and the cd-writer was installed before I joined the company.
    Alex

6. lola2001

lola2001

7. slipe

slipe

Most burners come with recording software. Do a search for nero, ez (for ez cd creator), b’s (for b’s recorder gold), prassi and nti. If your work computer has XP it has a built in recorder that will do JPG. Record them as normal data whatever you use.

8. Al-1

Al-1 Thread Starter

Thanks Guys!

9. Al-1

Al-1 Thread Starter

Me again, probebly a stupid question but is it possible to erase files from a CD-R, or even clear it completely?
    Alex

10. lola2001

lola2001

No. You would need to have saved them on a CD-RW in order to erase them.

11. Davey7549

Davey7549

Al
    The burn process on a CD-R is permanent. You can add files to a CD-R if the session is not closed but if the session is not closed you cannot view what you have burned to the CD. Kind of a catch 22. What I usually do is accumulate enough Pics together to make good use of the CD space and then burn\close.

Lola's option of a CD-RW is also nice because you can make changes when necessary.

Dave

12. Al-1

Al-1 Thread Starter

Thanks Dave!

13. Al-1

Al-1 Thread Starter

And Lola!

14. BEENTHERE

BEENTHERE

I use easy CDCreator from adaptec. once you have a formmated cd (be sure its set for data storage and for any computer to use) then all you have to do is click and drag files using windows explorer

15. thampiverghese

thampiverghese

Dave,I am able to view the photos anytime without closing the multisession CD-R. I use Nero.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice