1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I set an automatic power-up?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Shine, Feb 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shine

Shine Thread Starter

In my old job I used an Apple Mac. On there was a hugely useful feature, where you could tell the computer what time you wanted it to start up each morning. I didn't have to be there to press the 'on' switch - it just did it by itself and when I arrived at work the computer was already booted up and ready to go.

What I'm wondering is, does anything similar exist for PCs? I can't find anything in my current set-up (I'm running two PCs - one with XP, the other with 2K Pro). Is there anything about that I can download?

I just want the PC to start itself up before I get to work, so it can run through all the virus-checks etc. before I get there.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

If it is there, it is a BIOS option under the Power Saving settings. There are usually Wake-up options there.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331963

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice