1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I simply get rid of multiple old Twitter accounts?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by bj nick, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bj nick

bj nick Thread Starter

I taught for years and only used Twitter once a year for an extended field trip, to keep the parents informed with what we were all up to. I would do a new Twitter feed every year, so there are still a bunch out there.....also, twitter informed me that someone tried to log in to another old account. I'd like to just delete ALL of them....if/when I need Twitter again, I'll create a brand-new account. I believe each one is on a separate email account created just for that twitter feed......Any advice appreciated!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    If you still know all of the user names and passwords you can log in to each account and deactivate it. This will hide your information for a 30 day grace period. If you do not reactivate during the 30 day grace period, the information will be removed, but still available to Twitter management for 18 months. Your copies of any Direct Messages will be deleted but will be available for viewing by the recipient until they choose to delete them. More information in the link.

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/how-to-deactivate-twitter-account

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1236201

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice