1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can I stop jerkiness in Browser auto-scrolling

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pcb, Aug 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pcb

pcb Thread Starter

I wonder if anyone knows how to make auto-scrolling (particularly in browsers) smooth..ie. cut out the jerkiness.?

I have been using Opera for some time now, and it auto-scrolls just beautifully on my 98se. It makes browsing a real pleasure to be reading a page as it scrolls down slowly and silky smoothly.

I would like to be able to have the same degree of smoothness in Firebird(very jerky) and /or MyIE2 (less jerky, but still not usable to read while scrolling)
    The reason for this is that I am now finding Opera so buggy, crashing so often that I want to get away from it, sadly I must say.

Any information on how to do this will be very gratefully received.

PcB.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you are using smooth scrolling, the fix is to buy a faster processor. :) Smooth scrolling takes a lot of horsepower to so smoothly at any speed. I personally don't use smooth scrolling, I prefer to scroll by text rows, even with a fast processor.

3. pcb

pcb Thread Starter

But, as I say, Opera's auto-scrolling is super smooth, so if what you a=say is true, my processor (amd 1.2 gb) is powerful enough.

PcB

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Hard to say, could be video drivers, could be stupid programming. I get good smooth scrolling with this P4-2.4g processor equipped machine, I just don't choose to use it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/155725