how can i stop my videos from stuttering while playing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DLBUTLER210

First Name
NERRAD
while making a movie on dvd maker some of my clips stutter and get stuck audio is smooth but pic jumps in same place how can i fix this please

DLBUTLER210

First Name
NERRAD
this has never happen before i am so close to completing my project and throughout the video clips some play nice and some stutter around

DLBUTLER210

First Name
NERRAD
yes it's every other video in the movie strip that does this

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Are you in Windows Movie Maker ... or .... Windows DVD Maker ????

DLBUTLER210

First Name
NERRAD
i made the project on movie maker... to burn the dvd or preview the video comes back stuttering i wish i can sen you a clip of what im talking about

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
YES, (see message) ... But I quit using WMM and WDVDM about a year ago

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
The first thing I'd try is to save the project .. reboot the computer ... and redo from the msdvd project file

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
I SEE !!!!
I'd try my steps above first.
Since the preview is in MDVDM that is in the OS .... You won't really know until you burn a DVD.
Did you make the clips in WMM ???

Last edited:

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
Just my 2¢ worth

DVDM is in the W7 operating system,
Other than a complete OS fresh rebuild there is no way to fix it, there are no updates … and you won’t know if the problem is in the OS or your hardware.
In your situation .. if a restart doesn't fix it ... You'll have to burn a DVD to test it.

I updated WMM a few years ago and it had problems. Luckily, I was able to revert back to the older version that still worked.

DVDM is not available in W8 or W10 … And a Movie Maker without a DVD Maker is worthless.

Thanks to M$ … I moved on to Adobe Premier Elements, and I’m really glad I did.

It was worth the small learning curve that had to happen now or later to get something that worked as it should and isn't obsolete by now

DLBUTLER210

First Name
NERRAD
yes the clips were added to the movie maker when i previewed it the stuttering showed
as well

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
???? "As Well " ????
Does the stuttering also show in WMM ????

DLBUTLER210

First Name
NERRAD
some times it does sometimes it doesnt.. I HATE TO THINK THAT I MIGHT HAVE TO START THIS PROJECT ALL OVER

Noyb

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
Jay
??? You said every other clip ???? ... This has me wondering ???
Have you tried making individual clips ... the make the DVD by adding the the individual clips

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online