1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I transfer my program to another computer

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Devane, Jul 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Devane

Devane Thread Starter

I bought Webroot Window Washer several yeaers ago. I also paid extra for the CD but cannot fiind it anywhere. I have the program on two of my computers but I have just purchased another computer and had the bright idea to send the Washer program to myself because I don't have the CD. Wrong! I have Verizon High speed FIOS that uses Outlook Express as their mail server. When I send the program to myself, I get it on my new computer but OE won't open it, because it is an .exe file and considered potentially harmful. I then tried to save it to my computer, locate it right click and allow it, but the program does not work properly, so I have had to remove it for the third time. Webrrot/Window Washer has now got a later version and is obviously not going to send me the older version I paid for so I will have to pay the full price again which I as trying to avoid. Now I see a guy on eBay is selling Window Washer 6.0 and sending it to you via e-mail. I guess I am going to have the same problems unless someone can come up with another solution. I do have an old AOL account which I paid for a year in advance and is still active as far as retrieving email is concerned and I am wondering if this would allow me to open an .exe file. Anybody have an opinion, please. Otherwise I guess I have to bite the bullet and buy it again.

2. valis

valis Moderator

pretty sure that the good folks at window washer would not WANT you to be installing it on multiple computers unless you had a license to do so. Same as with windows.

There are loads of free antispyware utilities out there that are very effective at what they do, including, I am fairly certain, rootkit removal tools. For antivirus I use AVG; spyware, Ewido; firewall, ZoneAlarm. All 3 are freeware, and I've not been infected.

Then again, I don't use p2p either, so that greatly reduces my odds.

v

3. Devane

Devane Thread Starter

Valis are you saying that I have to buy a window washer for each of my own personal machines at home? Funny, because I use McAfee and they fully know that it is installed on each of my own personal computers.

4. valis

valis Moderator

just going by what I know. I know most of my pay apps (granted, most of ms) do not transfer from pc to pc. If windows washer lets you do it, good for them.

Have you considered giving them a call?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485726

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice