How can I Uninstall Media Player 10 without add-remove

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jerold

I am having trouble with sound on WMV files. I've tried the on other PC's and they work fine, so I am assuming that there is some issue with the progam on this laptop. If I play the file on my DVD player and it wirks. I've updated to WM11 with the same problem and I rolled it back to 10. I've installed some media player codecs, but no luck. I'm thinking about dropping down to WM9, but there is no more listing for WM10 in Add-Remove. is there a way to go to WM9 manually?

I've also reinstalled WM10 over itself to try to fix it as well.

Also, If anyone knows of a way to fix this that would be great.

THanks,
Jerold

bonk

Banned
If you go to Add/Remove programs and tick the box at the top Show Updates you may see some files connected to WMP.

Have you got SP2?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online