1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can I uninstall Microsoft Office Outlook 2007

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by emil.sekula, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. emil.sekula

emil.sekula Thread Starter

Hello,

I would like to uninstall Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 but I don't know how to do it. Could you help me ? I would like to use only Outlook Express.

Regards,

2. dave0700

dave0700

do you have office suit, or only outlook 2007,
    you can go to add/rem programs in control panel
    while uninstalling (if ms office package) it will ask you what components to remove and you can choose outlook only.

3. emil.sekula

I have all Office suite (see image 1) but when I try to uninstall only some component there is not option (see image 2).

Attached Files:

4. dave0700

dave0700

may i give you a simple suggestion:
    leave outlook there, just delete the shortcut if you like and make outlook express the default program for email

5. emil.sekula

What do you mean with 'leave there' ? It starts with Windows and I would like o disable this option. I don't think deleting the shortcut will solve my problem.

6. dave0700

dave0700

you can go to start menu> run> type: msconfig & hit enter,
    go to startup tab, uncheck microsoft office toolbar, ms office or outlook if it is listed
    if not listed, go to start menu> programs> startup> delete any instance of msoffice or outlook by right clicking on it and choosing delete.

7. slurpee55

slurpee55

emil, you should know that MS is discontinuing Outlook Express now anyway - you may want to reconsider in the long run. But I have had both Outlook and Outlook Express on my machines for years and never used Outlook.
    The msconfig is the most certain method way to disable what starts up, but there are a number of programs that will also do the same thing (all they do is provide a nice interface to the msconfig) - for instance, the free Spybot Search and Destroy has, under Tools, Startup (in Advanced User mode) a listing of what starts with your PC startup and you can uncheck what you want. (Like, who would expect such a feature in an anti-malware product? Well, I suppose it makes a strange kind of sense....)

8. Anon B

Anon B

click on Cambiar and follow your nose

9. slurpee55

slurpee55

I think you can uninstall and then reinstall Office and just select to not install Outlook when you do.

10. emil.sekula

Thank you.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/948616

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice