1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how can i view image in .wps file?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by indigowindow, Nov 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. indigowindow

indigowindow Thread Starter

i've scoured around quite a bit for a way to view an image in a .wps file (Microsoft Works) which was emailed to me-no luck yet. i'm running windows 98SE. i have access to windows 2000 if needed. i can read the words, but the image is gobbledegook. :confused:

2. angel

angel

I'm not really familiar with Works so let's get some additional information...

What version of Works was the file created in?
    What program and version are you opening it in?

3. indigowindow

i don't know what version of WORKS these guys are using. i've uploaded the files here and here. i'm running windows 98SE, no office programs. i have the powerpoint & excel viewers, adobe acrobat, and i tried installing the Works 6_0 converter. :p

4. angel

angel

I don't know that you're going to be able to open it without some type of compatible program but I'll leave that for someone else.

I can tell you that I downloaded the file. If I try to open it in Word or Notepad, I see the gobbledegook you referred to and the text. If I open it in Word (converted), it looks completely normal but I do not see that there's any image in the file. Attached is an image of the file.

Attached Files:

5. indigowindow

oh, well. i left a copy with a teacher who has access to windows 2000. maybe he can figure something out. all i can see on my computer here are the words. i also emailed them back to see if they can resend the images in another format. :p

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58790

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice