How can install 1386 files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

imam2007

I have a 1386 file from XP sp2. But i don`t know how can i install it in my system.I want to upgrade my OS.So please help me.
THANX.

Hello.

I strongly suggest that you remove your email address from your signature or you receive a lot of unwanted email, very soon. Spammers love to find email addresses posted, as you have posted yours.

From where did you obtain the i386 file?

Open i386. Do you see a file called "setup.exe" or "setup[something].exe or setup[something].msi ? I do not have those files in my i386 folder.

Set your computer to show the file extensions.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.html#winxp

You can download XP SP2 from Microsoft. They provide instructions. It is a large file, ~ 250 MB.
Go here. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
Download the file to the folder of your choice.
After the download has finished, open the file.
Follow the instructions.

Consider turning off or uninstalling your AntiVirus software, antiSpyware software, Google Desktop, and any other program that monitors your system for changes to files & folders.

Also, copy your important documents [ favorites, music, images, "my documents" to CD, DVD or flash drives. On occasion, things go poorly.

If you are technically savvy, I suggest cloning your HDD [ hard disk drive ] to a 2nd HDD, using Acronis True Image. www.acronis.com .

Good idea to upgrade your computer to SP2!

RF123
unsubscribed

imam2007

I am trying it as you said.but till now nothing would happen.One more question plz can u give me the serial key of All My Movies 4.7 software.Thanx.

Nothing?? Does that mean you click on the download link and nothing happens?

You will have to contact the vendor of All My Movies 4.7 software to obtain a serial key. This forum does not provide assistance for such requests.

RF123

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online