1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How can my I get an error in event viewer that says my CDROM has a bad block?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mrphster, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mrphster

mrphster Thread Starter

I have 2 NEC SCSI cdroms and 1 Plexwriter 12X4X32 CD-RW and I get this error. I don't know why this occurs. Any ideas. The CDROM2 is an NEC.

Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Cdrom
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 7
    Date: 1/25/2003
    Time: 2:27:54 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: RIVENDELL
    Description:
    The device, \Device\CdRom2, has a bad block.

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

if its only on on cdrom, it could be some form of copy protection.....if its on all of them...no clue.

3. mrphster

mrphster Thread Starter

It comes up occasionally. It slows my system to a crawl. It just doesn't make sense. This occurs without a CD in the drive. It is not in the event viewer today so I won't worry. When it does happen, it takes over all system resources. :confused:

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master

Howdy there mrphster...

I used to get this error quite often...

The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block.

The problem was my DVD and burner were on the same IDE channel, the problem went away after I separated them ( just looked in Event Viewer and the last one was 10/28/2002, before I separated them )...

Now since your CDROM2 is a SCSI, it sounds like the cable may not be terminated properly, or maybe the SCSI driver's are corrupt...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice