How can my I get an error in event viewer that says my CDROM has a bad block?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mrphster

I have 2 NEC SCSI cdroms and 1 Plexwriter 12X4X32 CD-RW and I get this error. I don't know why this occurs. Any ideas. The CDROM2 is an NEC.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Cdrom
Event Category: None
Event ID: 7
Date: 1/25/2003
Time: 2:27:54 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RIVENDELL
Description:
The device, \Device\CdRom2, has a bad block.

if its only on on cdrom, it could be some form of copy protection.....if its on all of them...no clue.

mrphster

It comes up occasionally. It slows my system to a crawl. It just doesn't make sense. This occurs without a CD in the drive. It is not in the event viewer today so I won't worry. When it does happen, it takes over all system resources. :confused:

Howdy there mrphster...

I used to get this error quite often...

The device, \Device\CdRom1, has a bad block.

The problem was my DVD and burner were on the same IDE channel, the problem went away after I separated them ( just looked in Event Viewer and the last one was 10/28/2002, before I separated them )...

Now since your CDROM2 is a SCSI, it sounds like the cable may not be terminated properly, or maybe the SCSI driver's are corrupt...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online