Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

How can you get your wireless signal to be secured instead of unsecured

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Couriant 
#1 ·
Hello
Could anyone tell me how to get my wireless network connection to be picked as security enabled network instead of unsecured network? Thanks

#2 ·
This is done from your routers config. Your roter manual will explain how to do this. If you don't have the manual you can download it from the manufacturers website.

When setting up wireless encryption it is best to use WPA2 or WPA if your computers support it. Only use WEP as a last resort.

#5 ·
The make and model of the router is Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router with Speedbooster, model WRT54GS and I have Windows Vista Basic.

After selecting WPA2 Personal security and AES encryption, the network security key is supposed to be the password right?

Thanks to all who replied.

#6 ·
The encryption key you select will be the wireless password, that is correct. It's recommend you choose a complex key, this WPA Key Generator will pick one for you. I use this to generate a 32 character key for my WPA2/AES connection, and I don't worry about folks tapping my wire. :D

#14 ·
if you are trying to configure it when you are connected to it wirelessly, it will cut you off until you use the new password.

I would recommend if possible to connect with a wire, or use a computer that is connected to it wired and configure that way to avoid disconnections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.