How come I can update a field on a form?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AMD2800

Hi everyone,

I am trying to created a form from a query. these query is created with two tables A and B
table A have two fields that I match with table B, I need a couple of fields from table B. but then when I open the form I need to enter some of the fields on table A but I get a msg saying this recordset is not updateable..!
I could moved those fields from table B to A and then open the table but I really would like to have then if those fields change on table B. table A would be wrong.
What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
AMD2800 :rolleyes:

describe the purpose for the A & B tables, give examples of the data you are puttin in.

OBP

The record set is not updateable in the query, this may be because you do not have the correct relationship between the tables, do they have a common "key field". You could try having a query for each table and then create a single query combining the the two queries or you could make the "B" table a "Subform" on the the "A" table "Main Form".
For us to really help you it would be best to post a zipped copy of the database on here.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online