• Other (not online)

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters

Johnny b

John
You remember 20 years ago?
Impressive :D

I remember 18 years ago.
I wondered ....who was this guy titled 'moderator' that everyone seemed to be poking fun at?
In a perverse manner, I kinda miss him lol!

We eventually got to know his real identity, The Mulderator. :eek:

RT

You remember 20 years ago?
Impressive
It took me a long time to remember that ;)

Quick story about Mr Mulder:
He never did insult me enough to truly offend or get me riled, though others may feel differently.
Or perhaps I chose to take him less seriously, him being a :gasp: lawyer.

But one day folks were ragging on him pretty hard and I posted a few words in his defense.
Moments later WHAM! Lightning totally fried my computer, like a sign from above :(

Of course it was coincidence (I guess :shiftseyes: ) From then on, sorry Mulder, you're on your own :D

DakBai

Dak
We're always interested to hear how new members find the site. Please vote below to let us know... and don't forget to let your friends and family know about us!
I found it via Google when searching for 'online tech support.'

We're always interested to hear how new members find the site. Please vote below to let us know... and don't forget to let your friends and family know about us!
I originally signed up on HelpOnThe.net in the late nineties. I was totally happy with the help I received from them, then one day they were gone and I was redirected to TechGuy. Turns out to have been a good thing. I have enjoyed the support provided here. Thank you.

I found it when I was having trouble with my laptop and I searched on google “best tech support forums”
Hi Daniel, We are glad to have you as a member. I believe you will enjoy his site since it has plenty of resources and even fun topics to discuss. We don't just discuss computers and technology but we discuss enjoyable topics as well as a chance to interact and get to know the members on a semi- personal level and not just the computer guy or the computer girl.

Welcome to TSG.:)

This is as close as I come to social media! I don't do Facebook, Twitter, or any of that other nonsense ... ;-)
I totally understand. Social media is bad. The people in this forum are made to treat each other with respect and kindness and this site is very well secured. I am not really a people person but I still enjoy chatting with others on occasion. I actually feel safer chatting with others online rather in person. I prefer "The Tech Guy" over social media because this site contains a better set of rules and is monitored more closely than social media and the rules here are enforced.

I know that if any of us have any problems with the other members we can report them and they will receive warning points and if the problem continues they can be banned temporarily and eventually permanently. The admins take things more serious here than social media. Social media's monitoring is inadequate and sometimes violate their own policies and are often not enforced.

I enjoy the tech skill enhancement as a highly skilled technician here in this forum. I also enjoy assisting other members to practice skill sets that I have lost due to changes in academic curriculum in online college. I lost some of my ability to resolve computer issues because I am have difficulty retaining information that I was taught so I figured "The Tech Guy" can assist with that. I am thankful for "the tech guy" for empowering the ability to retain skill sets that are lost and I want to give back to our community as an expression of gratitude to members that assisted me with skill enhancements that are very much needed in order to be successful.

One of the most exciting aspects about this site is that you do not have to be a staff member to assist other members with troubleshooting needs. That empowers our ability to accelerate above and beyond. :)

I binged (for reward points only)"Tech help" and your site popped up. So far I have been having a very enjoyable experience. Love the site!
Hi SmartKitty, I want to wish you a warm welcome to TSG. It is very nice meet you.:)

I also Love this site. TSG is my all time favorite forum and I prefer this site over any other forum. I have explored many other forums and none of them are nearly as nice as this site.

The staff are warming up to me and are more accepting since they had a chance to know the real me and no longer see me as a threat as anyone would when a stranger enters someone's home and it's perfectly understandable. The staff are helpful and friendly and treat the members like family. I was overall just like any other new member a total stranger to this forum. I believe I made a lot of progress over the past year. I am no longer considered a stranger. I increased friendships over the past year with the members of this forum. I have been a member of this forum for almost a year now. :)

I believe I am a die hard TSG fan. I am still here. ;)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts