Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Web Site

Votes: 24 11.1%
  • Other (not online)

Votes: 4 1.9%

How did you find Tech Support Guy?

90K views 210 replies 91 participants last post by  billy_2021 
#1 ·
We're always interested to hear how new members find the site. Please vote below to let us know... and don't forget to let your friends and family know about us!

#6 ·
gotta be the same except the year. Mike ever think about bringing back chat, where you could lurk:eek:
don't! but it was funny at the time.

what happened to pre-2005 posts??? i was going to try and see what the problem was that brought me here:(

#7 ·
gotta be the same except the year. Mike ever think about bringing back chat, where you could lurk:eek:

what happened to pre-2005 posts??? i was going to try and see what the problem was that brought me here:(
The posts are still there but the search had to be trimmed down to only give the first 500 results. You can do the search in "ascending order" as opposed to "descending order" and you will find your very first 500 posts. It's more difficult to find those in between unless you can narrow it down using key words. :)

#11 ·
Was doing phone technical support for a nationwide dial-up ISP (this was in 2004), and one of the guys I helped to fix his problem referred me to the site. Been here ever since...

#12 ·
That was so long ago. :confused:

I used Goggle.

OK was over at an "Unofficial Aptiva Web Sites" that closed down right after 9/11/2001. Was a great site but we all went crazy looking around for a new forum.
I think found looking for a new forum and two other sites but liked this one better.
Then others from Unofficial Aptiva Web Sites also came here and are still here.
DS (Dark Star), Wino and others all came over back then.

#16 ·

Hey! Chat was great. I spent a lot of time in there and met many a good person to chat with. Combsdon was one. I sure miss him.

Ditto here on the google search. I was a noob and helped destroy my computer. I got fast and easy help here and never looked back. A year later I was helping others! :D

Reactions: RT
#17 ·

I used Goggle.

OK was over at an "Unofficial Aptiva Web Sites" that closed down right after 9/11/2001. Was a great site but we all went crazy looking around for a new forum.
I think found looking for a new forum and two other sites but liked this one better.
Hewee, you probably would have been better off leaving that tidbit out.:)

Reactions: RT
#66 ·
Angelize56 got me here!

....... from a distance so to speak. :)
Marlene, you just brought some tears to my izes....I'm glad you wound up here, I'm just sorry for the journey you had to make...I haven't been around for a while so I' m sorta revisiting...I loved your sis, and she loved (or at least was tolerant of) everyone. You may not remember me, but I remember you...and Darlene. Hugs!

#19 ·
I was researching a problem, so it was most likely Google that brought me here. I started reading a bit, helped a couple of people solve their problems, got the "warm, fuzzy feeling" from their appreciation, donated to the cause and have been enjoying my stay ever since. Mostly good people here! You're always going to have that special few on either end of the spectrum ... ;-)
I just want to say, Thank You, Mike!

#21 ·
Yeah, I was searching google for an answer to whether or not I'd be able to get my recovery partition back if I were to toss it...this morning, actually. Figured this would be a good place to find help after looking through a few of the threads. So, I'd like to say thanks for y'all's site being here.

#23 ·
I used to hangout at various help sites for many years and found most unproductive. I still look around, one is Sevenforums that is comparative to TSG, but not as much interaction and participation as TSG. I love this site, and the folks that make it a virtual home away from home. Although, I have had a slap on the wrist to keep me on the strait and narrow once or twice...:rolleyes: You know who you are... Thanks TSG.

#24 ·
Ah, how did I find this place, many years ago........

Well, I was into computer security, basically firewalls etc, and i used to post to a website out there. It wasn't the same kind of forums as here, as in when you reply the post goes to the top. Nope, you had to search for them.

Anyway, I was in there talking about closing ports etc, and someone posted a link to TSG. It was the old site, so I logged in, and sat on the Web and Email section. I just replied with the same old replies, till I got a bit more knowledgeable, by reading at Microsoft etc.

Then, I moved to All Other Sofware, and stayed there for years. Only moved to security again, back when HijackThis was one of the only tools out there, and we had to do stuff manually :p

Most of what I know is from here, or malware training, and reading here and there :)

#25 ·

I used Goggle.

Dark Star I remember well, I dragged him over from another site :)