1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

how do i add a pdf file to a website?

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by ibouart, Jan 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ibouart

ibouart Thread Starter

Hi! I am a beginner web designer who wants to put a link to a pdf file on a website.
    I am using Microsoft Expression Web 2007 and have pdf files that I saved from Acrobat 7.
    I want the file to open in the acrobat pdf viewer so it can be easily printed.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!! :)

thanks in advance...

2. matt-h

matt-h

Well if you just link to the file, it will open in adobe reader in the browser:

Code:
    <a href="filename.pdf" target="_blank">Click Here</a>

3. ibouart

ibouart Thread Starter

thanks!

funny thing is, i initially did that (before posting) with the pdf file being saved on my desktop and it didnt work so i figured that the process had to be much more involved. once i put i in the website folder it worked fine.

:)

4. matt-h

matt-h

yeah, file location is the source of a lot of problems for beginner web designers.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/537751