How do I add a trusted IP address to allow connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

voip4africa

Windows Firewall - How do I add a trusted IP address to allow connection to a Win 8.1 PC acting as a Web based server on the LAN

I've got this Win8.1 PC which I've installed LAMP to and am wanting to use as a server for a web-based PoS over the LAN/Wi-Fi.

This server and the PoS are all configured and running well, just that I need trusted devices to be able to access the web server over the Wi-Fi/LAN.

I believe I need to configure Windows Firewall to allow certain IP numbers access.

Currently, any devices trying to log in to the PoS Web app are not being given access, but when I trn off Windows Firewall on the Win 8.1 PC, devices can access.

On your Win 8 PC, go to Control Panel > Windows firewall with advanced security.

On the left hand side menu, select Inbound Rules.

On the right hand side menu, select New Rule.

In the dialog box that pops up,

Select Custom. Next
Select All Programs. Next
Select Protocol type : TCP
On Local Port : select Selective Ports
On the blank space below, type in "80,443". Next
On Which remote address does this rule apply to : select radio button These IP addresses
Click Add button.
In the dialog box that follows, select These IP Addresses or subnet
In the blank field below, type in the ip addresses of the client PC. Click OK button
Click Next button
Select Allow connection. Next
Leave all 3 check boxes checkmarked. Next
Give the firewall rule a name
Click Finish

That's it.

If you have more clients, do the above again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online