1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I add a trusted IP address to allow connection

Discussion in 'General Security' started by voip4africa, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voip4africa

voip4africa Thread Starter

Windows Firewall - How do I add a trusted IP address to allow connection to a Win 8.1 PC acting as a Web based server on the LAN

I've got this Win8.1 PC which I've installed LAMP to and am wanting to use as a server for a web-based PoS over the LAN/Wi-Fi.

This server and the PoS are all configured and running well, just that I need trusted devices to be able to access the web server over the Wi-Fi/LAN.

I believe I need to configure Windows Firewall to allow certain IP numbers access.

Currently, any devices trying to log in to the PoS Web app are not being given access, but when I trn off Windows Firewall on the Win 8.1 PC, devices can access.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

On your Win 8 PC, go to Control Panel > Windows firewall with advanced security.

On the left hand side menu, select Inbound Rules.

On the right hand side menu, select New Rule.

In the dialog box that pops up,

Select Custom. Next
    Select All Programs. Next
    Select Protocol type : TCP
    On Local Port : select Selective Ports
    On the blank space below, type in "80,443". Next
    On Which remote address does this rule apply to : select radio button These IP addresses
    Click Add button.
    In the dialog box that follows, select These IP Addresses or subnet
    In the blank field below, type in the ip addresses of the client PC. Click OK button
    Click Next button
    Select Allow connection. Next
    Leave all 3 check boxes checkmarked. Next
    Give the firewall rule a name
    Click Finish

That's it.

If you have more clients, do the above again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice