1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

How do I add memory?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gravyboy01, Jan 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Gravyboy01

Gravyboy01 Thread Starter

I currently have 96 ram, and I want to add more. I have an AMD K7 processor, and I was told I need to find out what is compatible with my motherboard. My question is, how do I find out what my motherboard is, and then what is compatible. The company that I purchased my computer through is out of business, so I can't call them. I'm an avid gamer, and I need to add the memory for an expansion that I just bought. Thanks for your help, And Happy New Year.

2. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:cool: Hello Gravyboy,

Go HERE and download BeLarc Advisor and install it on your computer. It will identify your motherboard as well as the other components installed. Then goHERE to get the correct memory. Good Luck. KW1

3. anglin_fool

anglin_fool

4. Gravyboy01

Gravyboy01 Thread Starter

Thanks Guy's. That helped a lot. But looking for the right memory chip is proving harder then I thought. I seem to have an older version than what's available right now. How do I find out which card is compatible with my version? By the way, I happened upon this site by chance, and it really rocks!! I'm going to be sure to tell all my friends. We all need a little help with our machines at times. Thanks again.

5. rugrat

rugrat

Go to www.crucial.com They have a great memory finder and will show you the proper memory for your board.

I am assuming you now know the make and model of the board.

SeeYa

6. kilowatt1

kilowatt1

:D Hey Gravy,

Post the info. Belarc found about your motherboard and we'll help you find the right memory for it.

See ya, KW1

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice